Vancouver Home Inspection Tips
7 Tips from the Inspector when viewing a property for the first time:
- Try some of the doors and windows. If they bind the house may have settled.
- Check the main circuit breaker size. Most houses are now being built with 125-200 AMP systems – 100 AMP is suitable for a single residence.
- Check the roof covering in general. If the shingles are cracked, curled or separated, there may be some cost in the near future.
- Look at the items in the basement. When you see everything up on wood or skids, could be wet basement at times – it may even smell musty.
- Flush the toilets to see them work. If they gurgle or flush slowly, it could be a vent or drain problem.
- Check the slope of the ground. Water should always flow away from the building.
- Look around the edges of the skylights. Stains or repairs might indicate leakage.